- be fully aware of the issues involved in accessibility
- understand and commission access audits
- create and manage an access improvement programme
- maintain accessibility in buildings and working practices
- respond effectively to the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act.
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
The Access Manual : Auditing and Managing Inclusive Built Environments
The Access Manual :
Auditing and Managing Inclusive Built Environments
Ann Sawyer, Keith Bright
This manual covers the design, improvement, maintenance and management of accessible environments. As a building designer or manager, it will show you how to provide and run buildings, services, and employment facilities to enable independent and convenient use by everyone.
With its comprehensive information on standards, legislation and good practice, the manual will make sure you can:
Inclusive design is about people and their needs; The Access Manual shows you how to achieve an accessible, inclusive built environment that enables people to participate fully in all aspects of society.